Take your chance to travel to St. Petersburg, called Northen Palmyra for its outstanding classical architecture or Northen Venice for the city’s numerous rivers and canals.
For two centuries (1712–1918) it was the capital of Russian Empire, a major historical and cultural centre and an important port. Architectually, it ranks as one of the most splendid cities of Europe. Its historic district was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site.
During three days you will see the most important sights of Russian cultural capital.
- group 42 persons –185 EUR
- group 36 persons –195 EUR
E-visa is required. Please check e-visa availability for your citizenship here.
Upon registration please note if you participate in the contest “My Tartu roots/routes“.
- Bus Tartu – St. Petersburg – Tartu
- Accommodation at a central hotel
- Catering – 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch
- Museum tickets (Catherine palace, Hermitage, St. Isaac’s Cathedral)
- Guide & group leader services in English
- E-visa and travel insurance
- until 28.02 registration in the office with prepayment (50 eur)
- 15.03 – 25.03 applying for e-visa (send us a digital document photo and copy of passport valid at least until 10.10.20)
- 12.03 final payment
April 10 -12, 2020
Start from Tartu by bus in the morning. Entering Russia in the afternoon, heading to Saint Petersburg. Excursion to Tsars’ Village – former imperial summer residence: enjoying Catherine palace with amber room and picturesque views in the surrounding park. Short evening excursion in the city. Accommodation at a centrally located hotel, leisure time in Berthold Centre (in the hotel’s yard).
Breakfast. Sightseeing tour around the central part of St. Petersburg: Nevsky avenue, Peter and Paul Fortress, Summer Garden, legendary Aurora warship, Peter the Great monument, St. Basil’s island. Lunch. Excursion in the second-largest art museum in the world State Art museum Hermitage located in Winter palace and annexed buildings. Leisure time in New Holland island or theatre/music performance.
Breakfast and check-out. This morning is just for you to explore more points of interest, do shopping, stroll through central part of the city and have lunch. In the afternoon excursion in St. Isaac’s Cathedral, observing the city from its colonnade. Departure at 3-4 p.m., supermarket stop on the way to the border. Arrival at Tartu by midnight.